A brief profile of United Kingdom:
Population (2019 estimate)
United Kingdom is the second most popular destination behind US. UK Universities will provide students with degrees and qualification that is recognized around the world as having a high quality. Even the tuition fee is quite low as compared to that of USA. The bachelor level is a 3 years course whereas the Masters will only be a 1 or a 2-year course which also saves time as well as the expense of international students. UK has a vast variety of higher education opportunities to offer students with over 100 universities offering various degree programs for students from the UK and around the world.
There are mainly two intakes in UK, one in February and the other in October.
The students need to go through a 5-step process
- Choose your subject and your University
You should choose a university that has been approved by the UK Visa and Immigration or it should have a Highly Trusted Status.
- Apply for a letter of offer
See if you meet the admission requirements accordingly you need to produce the following documents:
- Attested all academic documents
- At least 2 reference letters
- Statement of Purpose
- English Language test scores
- Work experience letter (if required)
The offer could be conditional or unconditional. Once you receive an unconditional offer, you need to pay the tuition deposit.
The final stage is to receive a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies)
- Arrange funds – there needs to be evidence of the funds required for the study period in a saving account.
- Apply for Visa
Applying to UK – Tier 4 (General Student Visa) process
In order to get a student visa, applicant needs to obtain 40 points
- 30 points – earned from a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies)
- 10 points – earned from evidence of funding to pay for both tuition fee and living cost