Due to COVID restrictions, several Australian sectors experienced a loss of skilled laborers who relocated back to their home countries in search of new employment prospects. The Australian government has relocated AUD 36 Million for improving visa processing for foreign students and reducing the delay in visa decisions. These improvements will bring more Nepali students applications in the near future.
The Australian government will extend post-study work rights for foreign students who complete their graduation with degrees linked to workforce shortages. It will give students more time to find a job in Australia and utilize their skills gained while studying here. Even so, the Australian government has not decided which degree will be applicable for the work right extension. According to reports, nursing, engineering, and IT students will be top priority areas. The detailed information regarding the degrees is expected to be circulated in late October after the advice and discussions. With the extension of 2 years post-study visa, the degrees will be extended to :
- 4 years for selected undergraduate students,
- 5 years for selective postgraduate students, and
- 6 years for doctorate(Ph.D.) students.
Specific Requirements for Post-study Work Stream
- Your first student visa to Australia should have been lodged on or after 5 November 2011.
- Completed one or more of the following qualifications in Australia such as Bachelor, Master or Doctorate
- A diploma level qualification or trade qualification will not be considered.
- Should have an eligible qualification conferred or awarded by an Australian university or non-university education provider.
How to Apply for Australia Visa Extension?
You should apply for the post-study visa right after the completion of the course or within six months of the course completion. Not all visas, though, will let you apply for a new one if you want to stay in Australia for a longer period of time. As they were established when your visa was obtained, you must review the conditions of your visa.
The following steps are to be checked and done for the visa application:
- Visa Condition
- Waiver Request
- Apply for Visa Condition Waiver
- Check for a waiver visa
- Apply for a new visa
1. Check visa condition
When obtaining an Australian visa, there are some conditions attached to the type of visa. These conditions determine what you can and cannot do while you are the holder of this particular visa. On certain types of visas, there is “no further stay condition(8503)”.
2. Waiver Request
As a matter of fact, if there is no further stay condition then one should apply for waiving that limit the stay in Australia.
Condition 8503 can only be waived if:
- You can’t move back home for medical reasons.
- A close friend or family is severely ill or has passed away.
- A natural disaster has occurred in your country.
- The political situation in your country.
- Your approved study course is not provided by your chosen school (student visa).
3. Apply for Visa Condition Waiver
You will need to apply for the waiver request no less than four weeks before your current visa expires. Documents required for the waiver are :
- A copy of your passport bio page.
- Confirmation documents supporting that you require a waiver such as a medical report, death certificate, university record, etc.
4. Check for a waiver visa
Awaiting the Department processing your request afterward submitting a request to waive the “no further stay” condition. If the waiver is granted, then you will apply for visa 485. It is necessary to notice that although condition 8503 is waived it’s not guaranteed that you just are going to be receiving another visa.
5. Apply for a New Visa
After no further stay condition is waived then you will be able to apply for a new visa to continue staying in Australia.
Why Study in Australia?
Australia has been a popular destination for most Nepali students. It provides an array of study courses with the best-renowned universities in the world. Many scholarships offered can be enjoyed by Nepali students. Beautiful beaches, lush rainforests, and untamed mountains can all be found in Australia. Last but not least, Australians are wonderfully friendly and welcoming people. They’ll assist you to adjust to your new surroundings and immediately make you feel at home.
Start your Journey with Nepal Education Consultancy
We, NEC, help you with the proper counseling. Here you can rely on us for the best path and university you need for your study abroad. You can research and know all the ups and downs of all the deals that are offered to Nepali students who plan to go to Australia for their education and career. So, choose the best that forfeits your demand.
Let us help you Study in Australia!