The visa any student will need depends on the types of study one wants to enroll in and how long they want to stay in New Zealand. Anybody who are willing to go to New Zealand needs to have a valid passport with the right visa.
To apply for a visa, one must have the following documentation ready
- A valid passport which must be valid for at least three months after your period of stay in New Zealand.
- An acceptance letter from a New Zealand education provider, stating the minimum course duration, total tuition fees. The New Zealand Qualifications Authority must approve the course taken by an individual.
Additional documentation such as:
- Academic documents like transcripts, diplomas, degrees or certificates
- Student Visa Application form
- Visa application fee
- Tuition fee receipt showing payment to date
Likewise, students also have to show an evidence that they have sufficient funds to cover their living expenses throughout the period of their stay. They need to show an amount of NZ$15,000 for a full year study or NZ$1,250 per month. This may include:
- Bank statements
- Financial responsibility by a sponsor to cover accommodation and living costs.
- Evidence that you are leaving New Zealand after the completion of your program.
- A scholarship program
- A police certificate showing that you do not have any type of criminal record.
- An X-ray certificate. An individual will need to have a chest x-ray if they are willing to stay in New Zealand for more than six months.
- Full medical examination