The British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM provide funding for five students from South Asia (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka) to undertake a Postgraduate Masters’s at the University of Aberdeen
The funding provides each student with a full tuition fee scholarship, £1,600 for travel and immigration expenses, a stipend for the student’s living costs of £13,392, and further support for up to three dependants.
Masters Taught program (Data Science; Information Technology; Artificial Intelligence; Renewable Energy Engineering; Medical Physics; Medical Imaging; Biomedical Engineering; and Geographical Information Systems.)
Have to meet the admission criteria set by the University of Aberdeen on the above-mentioned program.
Deadline of the Scholarship application: 1st April 2022.
For further information https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/funding/592
The University of Aberdeen is an ancient university founded in 1495 and located in Aberdeen city, Scotland. The City of Aberdeen has something for everyone, from the bustling city center of Europe’s Energy Capital to the beautiful countryside and coastlines, there’s plenty to see and do.
The University of Aberdeen has 15,000 students (approximately) including international students studying undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate-level programs.
Moreover, the university has been ranked as
- Top 5 by Overall Student Satisfaction – NSS 2021,
- Top 20 by the Guardian University Guide 2021,
- World Top 160 by Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022.
There are over 350 UG and 150 PG programs for students to choose from. So, there are 12 different schools:
- Business School
- School of Divinity, History, and Philosophy
- School of Education
- Law School
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Medicine, Medical Sciences and Nutrition
- School of Psychology
- School of Engineering
- School of Geosciences
- School of Natural and Computing Sciences
Entry Requirements (Overall)
● Academics: Science: 65% in in HSEB
● English Language Requirements: 6 in overall & W: 6.0, L: 5.5, S: 5.5, R: 5.5
● Academics: 80%+ in a four-year or longer Bachelor’s degree program from a recognized University-level institution will be required.
● English Language Requirements: 6.5 in overall & W: 6.0, L: 5.5, S: 5.5, R: 6.0
Average Tuition Fee
Tuition Fees (Approx):
Undergraduate ( £18,000- £20,700 )
Postgraduate (£18,400 – £23,500; £31,000)
Why study at the University of Aberdeen?
- 525 years of glorious history (Established in 1495 AD)
- Named Scottish University of the Year 2019. (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- RANKING 2nd in the UK in Sports Science, 7th in the UK in General Engineering and 9th in the UK in Civil Engineering
- Five Nobel Laureates are associated with the University of Aberdeen.
- One of the largest wireless campuses in Europe
- Located in Aberdeen City with an affordable cost of living.
*Aberdeen is the second most ‘affordable student city in the UK (Royal Bank of Scotland Student Living Index 2017)
- University with diverse international students from across 120 countries.
- Outstanding sports facilities include Olympic-standard Aberdeen Sports Village and Aquatic Center.
- Community of 130 nationalities, with over 15,000 students: 43% men and 57% women
- Engineering and energy-related degree programs are strongly supported by industry
- 1st for Dentistry as per Guardian University League Table and 2nd for Medicine as per Guardian University League Table.